Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Formula for success: Deliver Value

For a year I have been working on how to reshape my life and supplement my income with an online business. I've been heavily influenced by The 4-Hour Work Week by Tim Ferris, that talks about how to build an online business that only takes a few hours a week to run so you can get greater control over your lifestyle. Also, by Why Work Sucks and How to Fix It, that tells how Best Buy's headquarters operation moved completely to a ROWE (Results Only Work Environment) in which employees have no attendance requirements, only results requirements. (As long as they are getting their work done, and producing the results defined for them, they can work when and where they work best.)

Steve Pavlina, in an article on his self-titled blog called How To Make Lots Of Money During A Recession talks about putting a greater focus on delivering value than simply trying to make money. If you deliver true value, then those to whom you deliver value will be willing to deliver value to you.

Neil Patel, in his blog Quick Sprout, writes that pigs get fat, but hogs get slaughtered. By that, he means that if you get too greedy, you'll lose out.

So, after a year of doing niche brainstorming, key word searching, and trying to learn all sorts of things about blogging, SEO, social networking, and on and on ad infinitum, it has come down to this: I want to share things that have made a difference in my life so they might help others. I want to express myself, and contribute to a pool of shared meaning with a community of like-minded individuals. Whether it makes me rich or not is not the point. The point is, can I enrich others by sharing what I'm learning in my journey through life? Can some of the things that go through my brain be helpful to others?

I've decided to put those things out for the world to see, and trust that if what I have to say helps others, the universe will take care of me and I won't starve to death. So, I hope here to share with you my interests, my thoughts, and things I'm learning or experiencing. I'm not targeting a "niche", and I haven't done any key word research. The only test is "will this possibly help someone?"

Come join me on my journey.

To your prosperity,
Keith O. Hudson

No comments:

Post a Comment